- City Departments
- Public Works
The Department of Public Works (DPW) employs 18 full-time employees and 2 part-time employees. The department resolves most requests on the same day they are received. Wayne’s DPW is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining 58.53 miles of City streets
- Maintaining city trees
- Supervising the removal of approximately 9,800 tons of refuse each year
- Maintaining 84 miles of water main lines
- Maintaining 84 miles of sewer main lines
- Maintaining City parks
Message from Republic Services
- Republic Services would like to remind you of the upcoming Yard Waste Collection Schedule.
- We will start collections in the City of Wayne community beginning the week of April 3rd, 2023.
- We ask that residents please ensure that your materials are placed out for collection either the night before or by 6 am (depending on local ordinances) to ensure that all items are collected.
- Please help us to collect your yard waste safely and efficiently – we ask that all brush be no longer than 4 feet long, tied, and not heavier than 40 pounds.
Working together for a safer, quicker service helps both of us out.
- Inquiries from the public should be directed to our Customer Resource Center at: (800) 878-4626 or the Republic Services website at: www.republicservices.com
- Annual Certification of Employee-related Conditions (PDF)
- Glenwood Cemetery
- Healthy Lawncare (PDF)
- Home Rain Garden (PDF)
- Pavilion/Park Rental Agreement
- Recycling Flyer
- Refuse Pickup Schedule Map (PDF)
- Residential Refuse Regulations
- Transportation Employee List (PDF)
- Water Quality Report (PDF)
- Water Read Request (PDF)